- 1 The Best VPS Hosting Providers in 2019: Which Host Has The Most?
- 2 6 of the Best VPS Hosting Providers in the World (Compared)
- 3 Compare VPS Hosting VS. Other Hosting
- 3.1 VPS Hosting vs. Shared Hosting
- 3.2 VPS Hosting vs. Managed WordPress Hosting
- 3.3 VPS Hosting vs. Dedicated Hosting Server
- 3.4 Factors to Consider When Choosing VPS Hosting Providers
- 3.5 Think End: The Best VPS Hosting Providers
- 3.5.1 FAQs – Choosing the Best VPS Hosting Service
- 18.104.22.168 What kind of specialized aptitudes do I have to oversee VPS facilitating?
- 22.214.171.124 What is the difference between VPS hosting that is not managed and managed?
- 126.96.36.199 How do I know if my site requires VPS hosting?
- 188.8.131.52 What amount does it cost to begin a site on VPS facilitating?
- 184.108.40.206 What sort of programming would I be able to introduce on VPS facilitating?
- 220.127.116.11 Unlike shared hosting, you have full control over the software that you use on your VPS hosting account except for the operating system. If you need more control over your server and want to break the operating system too, you might need to choose a dedicated hosting server. Can my VPS hosting be scaled?
- 18.104.22.168 Why is hosting support important?
- 22.214.171.124 Do I get a special IP address with my VPS account?
- 126.96.36.199 How many emails can I send out per hour from my VPS server?
- 3.5.1 FAQs – Choosing the Best VPS Hosting Service
The Best VPS Hosting Providers in 2019: Which Host Has The Most?
Looking for the best VPS Hosting Providers? VPS Hosting is the best choice for users who want greater control and flexibility than those offered by shared hosting services but without the high cost of renting a dedicated server.
The VPS Hosting market is a competitive space, so finding the best solution for your website can be a difficult process. In reviewing the best VPS Hosting, I will guide you through head-to-head comparisons between some of the best VPS hosting companies out there so you can choose the service that best meets your requirements.
Before we look at the features and packages of popular VPS Hosting Services, it’s important to understand what VPS hosting really is and whether your website needs it or not.
What is VPS Hosting?
Hosting a Virtual Private Server (VPS) is a solution for sites that are resource intensive or attract a lot of traffic. VPS hosting provides more control and flexibility than a shared hosting server without the high cost of renting an entire server for your single use.
VPS hosting is basically an independent partition from a physical server. With virtualization, this creates several virtual partitions from a physical server in a way that you can effectively control your own resources and configure them as you want.
VPS hosting can be the best choice in the following cases:
- Control and flexibility: You need more control and flexibility than shared hosting but can’t justify having your own server.
- Scalability: You need scalable hosting, which allows you to increase its size based on evolving needs.
- Some control panels: You need to set up several control panel accounts for several websites so you can easily manage files and sites as you want.
Remember that great control also comes with greater responsibility, so you must have the technical skills to manage and maintain your own server, or you must have someone on the team who can handle those tasks.
The good news is, hosting companies also offer managed VPS hosting that does not require you to have the technical skills needed to manage servers.
Although VPS Hosting Providers has several advantages, this is not the right solution for every website owner. For example, beginners do not need the flexibility and scalability that VPS can offer. And, for sites that attract more traffic than VPS can handle, renting an entire server can be a better solution.
6 of the Best VPS Hosting Providers in the World (Compared)
- RAM: 2 – 8 GB
- Disk space : 120 – 240 GB
- Bandwidth : 1.5 – 3 TB
- Website: HostGator.com
HostGator is one of the most popular VPS Hosting Providers and is equipped with a complete set of tools for building websites. Their VPS hosting package allows you to easily measure server resources to meet your growing business needs.
- Oversee your facilitating condition with full root get to.
- You can count on their award-winning support 24/7 through live chat, telephone or email.
- Increasing your server resources is as easy as clicking a button.
- Weekly backup outside the site
- “In view of your specialized abilities, you can pick between oversaw or semi-oversaw VPS facilitating.”
Like many VPS Hosting Providers, HostGator is not perfect. They use RAID 10 disks for storage, which is known for maximum data protection. However, they do slower than SSD storage.
Prices start at $ 29.95 / month.
- RAM: 2 – 8 GB
- Disk space : 30 -120GB (SSD)
- Bandwidth : 1-3 TB
- Website: Bluehost.com
Bluehost is a web hosting company officially recommended by WordPress.org. They now host more than 8 million websites worldwide.
Bluehost regularly enhances their VPS server hardware infrastructure by working with industry leaders such as Intel and AMD to continually evaluate their platforms to maintain optimal performance.
- Bluehost utilizes SSD stockpiling, which is 2x quicker than HDD drives.
- You will get access to enhanced cPanel, which gives you full control of CentOS installed servers.
- “You can add more VPS to your record, or even deal with numerous facilitating choices, including shared and committed facilitating alongside your VPS facilitating account.”
- The Bluehost system is set up with CentOS and is not compatible with other OS configurations.
- They do not offer free website migration.
- While most VPS hosting providers offer 2 IPs, even in their initial plans, the initial Bluehost VPS package only offers 1 IP.
- They do not offer email based support.
Prices start at $ 19.99 / month.
- RAM: 1 – 8 GB
- Disk space : 30 – 240 GB (SSD)
- Bandwidth: Unlimited
- Website: Dreamhost.com
Start with DreamHost »
Dreamhost has been in the hosting business for the past 18 years. They presently have around 1.5 million sites, online journals, and applications.
With each managed VPS hosting package, you get a user-friendly control panel, expert help by installing manual security patches, and 20x faster SSD storage. They offer 3 different VPS packages based on RAM (1GB to 4GB) and SSD storage capacities ranging from 30GB to 240GB.
- Unlike most VPS hosting providers, they offer unlimited/unmeasured bandwidth.
- DreamHost offers one of the cheapest VPS hosting packages on the market.
- You can increase your VPS hosting package in just 10 seconds.
- Their starter package is only equipped with 1GB of RAM, while most VPS hosting companies offer 2GB.
- Even though their starter package is cheap, it becomes too expensive when you increase your VPS hosting package.
Prices start at $ 13.75 / month.
- RAM: 4 – 8 GB
- Disk space : 75 – 260 GB
- Bandwidth : 4-6 TB
- Website: InMotionHosting.com
InMotion Hosting is one of the veterans in the VPS Hosting industry and offers many of the desired hosting features. They offer VPS hosting that is managed and managed by themselves.
With oversaw VPS facilitating, you can refresh your server settings with cPanel and WHM gets to. With self-managed VPS hosting, you will get access to SSH keys and manage VPS Servers as fast as lightning with minimal overhead.
- InMotion Hosting offers managed and unmanaged VPS Hosting.
- They offer more RAM and bandwidth than other VPS Hosting Providers that I have reviewed.
- Free automatic backup every 24-36 hours.
- Unmatched 90-day money back guarantee
- They are not early adopters of new technology. For example, they are late in the game for Let’s Encrypt. Previously, they only supported SSL free through Comodo.
- Slow account settings due to their strict fraud prevention policies.
Prices start at $ 19.99 / month.
- RAM: 2-16 GB
- Disk space : 40-200 GB (SSD)
- Bandwidth : 10 TB
- Website: LiquidWeb.com
Liquid Web is a main overseen VPS and committed server facilitating organization. What makes them stand out is that they offer custom-made server clusters that are optimized for popular applications, including WordPress and WooCommerce.
With the Liquid Web starter VPS package, you get a 40 GB SSD disk drive, 5 TB bandwidth, and 2 vCPU. You can also improve your hosting with many different additions such as load balancers, VPNs, firewalls, integrated backups, etc.
- Their VPS packages outperform their competitors, including AWS and Rackspace in terms of page speed.
- Get more resources compared to other hosting providers.
- Linux or Windows options are available.
- Liquid Web offers free site migration.
- Their plan is too expensive compared to other web hosting providers. However, they provide many features offered by other VPS hosting companies as sales increase.
- No free ad credits offered.
Prices start at $ 59 / month.
- RAM: 1 – 8 GB
- Disk space : 40 – 120 GB
- Bandwidth : 1-4 TB
- Website: iPage.com
iPage is one of the most affordable hosting companies on the market. The iPage virtual private server package gives you a maximum of 4 processing cores, 8 GB RAM and 120 GB disk space.
To ensure maximum server speed and reliability, they offer high-speed SAN storage. They likewise offer discretionary root access to cutting edge clients.
- iPage is one of the cheapest hosting solutions available on the market.
- They provide 1-year free domain registration.
- All VPS hosting packages are equipped with cPanel access.
- Their beginner VPS package only offers 1 GB of RAM while most of the other hosting providers we review offer at least 2 GB of RAM.
- They only support CentOS, so iPage is not the right solution if you want to use other Linux distributions.
- iPage uses SAN storage, which is far more stable than SSD. In any case, the drawback is that it performs slower than SSD stockpiling.
Prices start at $ 19.99 / month.
Now, let’s look at other hosting options available on the market and the difference from VPS hosting.
Compare VPS Hosting VS. Other Hosting
Shared Hosting is the best option for entry-level users who don’t want additional control or resources.
Shared Hosting is the cheapest hosting option available on the market, which makes it the most popular hosting service among private and small website owners. With shared hosting, you share resources with other users hosted on the same server; but there is nothing to worry about because no other user can view or access your site’s files.
Even though shared hosting does not offer you the flexibility of VPS, VPS is still equipped with all the features needed to create a small blog or website. It also allows you to install various types of software to build the site.
If you have minimal traffic and are looking for affordable hosting solutions that are easy to manage, shared hosting can be the best bet. You can always upgrade to VPS hosting without the hassle when your site grows.
VPS Hosting vs. Managed WordPress Hosting
Managed WordPress Hosting can be the best solution for those who want to run very many WordPress sites or sites that attract very heavy traffic. If it’s not optimized, WordPress can consume a lot of resources, which requires the need to operate WordPress sites in an optimized and managed to host environment that ensures high performance.
Want to know what makes VPS different from WordPress hosting?
By managing WordPress hosting, you can only operate WordPress sites. But the main difference is that VPS gives you endless opportunities to configure the server the way you want, but you have to manage it yourself. While with oversaw WordPress facilitating, you can work WordPress locales without agonizing over keeping up a server. Out of the box, servers offer a highly optimized environment, safe to run very fast WordPress sites without having to mess up system administration tasks.
VPS Hosting vs. Dedicated Hosting Server
Dedicated server hosting is the best choice if you want to rent an entire server for your single use. When you rent an entire server, you get full control over it and its configuration.
This is the difference between VPS and special servers:
Unlike VPS, special servers allow you to choose equipment, including RAM, hard drives, and processors used on the server. Because 100 percent of server resources are allocated to your site, it costs more than VPS hosting. However, a dedicated hosting server is the best hosting option for you if you don’t want to share resources with other websites in any way.
Every website does not need bells and whistles offered by special servers, but choosing one instead of VPS is the right decision in the following conditions:
- Your website gets a fast appeal among your audience so you think your site might exceed the existing hosting services in the near future.
- You want to host large files that require extensive storage space and bandwidth.
- You need to process scripts and applications that have more resources than can be handled by the VPS server.
By hosting a dedicated server, you don’t have to worry about other people’s sites that slow down your site. Of course, you can increase your VPS, but there is always a limit to the resources that you will access this type of hosting.
Factors to Consider When Choosing VPS Hosting Providers
Now that you have an idea of the various hosting options available on the market, I will explain in detail the factors that cannot be negotiated with any VPS hosting package.
1. Guaranteed uptime
No need to worry that, when choosing a hosting server, you must choose a server that offers maximum working time. Even though no hosting company can provide 100 percent uptime guarantee (some hosts still promise it), anything below 99.9 percent is considered unreliable.
There are many factors that can affect the uptime of your web hosting services such as:
- Security threats
- Hardware failures
- Natural disasters
- human error
- Disk corruption backup
- Power outages
Some hosting providers offer refunds if they fail to guarantee their uptime, but that doesn’t cut it off because every time downtime will burden your visitors, sales, and income.
Because Google continues to emphasize page speed on their algorithms, you cannot rely on web hosting servers that compromise page speed. Page speed can significantly affect you are generally speaking on the web business.
For example, research reveals that visitors expect your site to load in 2 seconds or less. And, if they fail to meet their expectations, they will leave your website and tend to go to your competitor’s site.
If you want to have a website that is very fast, the most important thing you have to do is choose a hosting provider that does not compromise on speed. In fact, it doesn’t matter how well you optimize your site to increase page speed – unless you use a fast hosting server, your optimization tactics won’t help.
When you read reviews of the best VPS hosting, you must have a basic understanding of what features you should expect as a standard from the start:
- RAM: 1 GB to 8 GB
- Disk storage: 30 GB to 240 GB
- Operating system options: CentOS, Ubuntu, or the Debian operating system.
Prices for VPS hosting services are regulated primarily based on RAM and disk storage allocated. Based on your needs, it may be difficult to compare the price options provided by different hosting companies.
Some hosts (for example, Dreamhost), offer as low as 1 GB of RAM and 30 GB of storage in their basic package, while other hosts (such as HostGator) provide 2 GB of RAM and 120 GB of disk space.
That means, Instead of making a blind comparison of the various pricing plans offered by popular hosting providers, you need to keep an eye on important parameters such as RAM and disk storage in each package. Then, find out how each plan fits your needs.
5. Technical Support
You never know when you will get into trouble with a hosting server. Because visitors expect your site to be ready at any time, you must ensure that the hosting provider offers 24/7 support with your hosting package.
Day in and day out specialized help is a standard element in the web facilitating industry. However, there are some things you need to remember when comparing technical support:
- Support mode: Ensure that your hosting provider offers free support through live chat, telephone, and email throughout the day.
- Response time: Understand, on average, how much time is needed to get a response and your request is completed when the support ticket is opened.
- Documentation: Extensive documentation is a must. With a great knowledge base, you don’t have to waste time with direct chat because, in most cases, you can get your own problems.
Think End: The Best VPS Hosting Providers
After reviewing the best VPS hosting in the world, I found that HostGator is the best choice on the market. They offer different price packages that are very suitable for your needs regardless of the size of your business. Whether you want to build a site that is resource intensive or a site that anticipates fast growth in the near future, you will find the right hosting package that suits your needs.
What’s really interesting with HostGator is that they grow together with your business. Novice users can start small to keep costs low and increase as their website grows.
If you are looking for VPS hosting that offers strong performance, uptime, and a full set of features at reasonable prices, then HostGator is for you!
FAQs – Choosing the Best VPS Hosting Service
After helping users choose the right hosting for their needs, I found that people asked the same questions repeatedly. This is why I have compiled a list of common questions, so you can find the best VPS hosting service for your site.
What kind of specialized aptitudes do I have to oversee VPS facilitating?
With fully managed VPS hosting, you only need to know the basic knowledge about file transfer and application management because you get a custom control panel that is easy to use.
With unmanaged VPS hosting, you must have deeper knowledge in managing and managing servers for optimal performance.
What is the difference between VPS hosting that is not managed and managed?
With managed VPS hosting, your hosting company will be responsible for maintaining the security of your server environment, configuring it, and performing routine maintenance.
With unmanaged VPS hosting, you must have the technical expertise to operate your hosting server. You will also be responsible for server admin tasks, configuration, routine maintenance, and maintaining environmental security.
How do I know if my site requires VPS hosting?
If your site quickly gets appeal among your audience and you think you will soon surpass shared hosting servers, this might be a good time to switch to VPS hosting.
What amount does it cost to begin a site on VPS facilitating?
VPS hosting packages usually start at $ 15 per month. The best thing is, you can easily increase your VPS server when you grow up.
What sort of programming would I be able to introduce on VPS facilitating?
Really! You can easily increase the capacity of your VPS to meet your needs. If you anticipate growth in the near future, you can easily switch to a larger server.
Why is hosting support important?
When it comes to hosting a website, you never know when you will get into trouble.
The fact is, just because the hosting provider has a satisfying uptime score, it doesn’t mean your site will be 100 percent safe and continue to operate all the time.
When you find a problem with your hosting server, you want to contact your hosting provider instantly and finish it in a short time. This can only be done if your hosting provider has an excellent track record in completing support requests without hassle.
Do I get a special IP address with my VPS account?
Most VPS hosting providers give you at least 1 IP address that you can use to run your own web, email, and FTP server.
How many emails can I send out per hour from my VPS server?
Even though there is no official limit, it is often recommended to limit up to 500 emails per hour or you might risk your IP address being blacklisted.