How to restore deleted Telegram chats is indeed an important thing, this is because if there is an important chat accidentally or intentionally then restoring deleted Telegram chats is something you need to do.
Well, maybe you think that once a message or chat on Telegram has been deleted, it cannot be restored.
However, all of that is not correct, in fact, the chat is not completely deleted from your cellphone but is still stored in the file manager folder.
But there are also exceptions to this, if the chat is deleted after you do a factory reset, it is possible that the Telegram chat cannot be restored.
If the chat was deleted because you accidentally or intentionally pressed the delete button, then it can still be restored, the point is that you also have to be smart in assessing things.
Your Telegram chat history is actually still there and stored in the file manager application, so you can restore deleted Telegram messages using this application.
So, in how to restore deleted chats on Telegram, this time you don’t need to use the help of any application, because you just need to use the file manager application which is available by default on your cellphone.
Table of Contents
How to Restore Deleted Telegram Chats
So, for those of you who are experiencing messages on Telegram that have been deleted intentionally or unintentionally, the following cellphone guide provides several methods for recovering deleted Telegram chats.
The method I provide below has been proven to work on all smartphones, both Android and iPhone, so there’s no need to worry if you use an Android cellphone or an iPhone.
1. How to Restore Deleted Photo Chats on Telegram
So, for those of you who are looking for a way to restore deleted Telegram chats, only chats and photos, you can follow the steps below.
In the following method, you can restore chats and images or photos only, so that if they have been restored you can see the chat history on the deleted Telegram.
Here are the steps:
- First, you open the file manager application.
- If so, select the internal memory option and you will see the folder in the internal memory.
- In these folders, search for and select the Telegram folder option.
- When you open the Telegram folder, you will see a list of folders again and this folder contains all the history when using the Telegram application.
- Then select the folder called Telegram Images.
- In the Telegram Images folder, you can see a list of photos or images that you have received, so here just search for the photo or image you want.
- If you have found it, tap for a few moments and select the move option, the suggestion is to move it to the media folder so that later it will go to your cellphone gallery.
Next, all you have to do is open the gallery application, then the photo or image will be visible and you can open and view it in your cellphone gallery, it’s very easy.
2. How to Restore Deleted Document Messages on Telegram
Next, if you are looking for a way to restore deleted Telegram chats in the form of documents, you can use the following method to restore them.
So if you ever receive a chat in the form of a document, for example, a study document or something else and it is important but accidentally deleted, don’t worry, you can still open it.
Here are the steps to do it:
- Like the first method, open the file manager application.
- Then select the internal storage menu.
- Then continue selecting the Telegram folder option.
- In the Telegram folder, find and select the Telegram Documents folder option.
- Open the folder, then you will find documents that you have received previously.
- Next, just find the document you want.
- Finally, just tap and copy it to another folder or you can also open it directly.
So, if you can’t open it, it’s possible that your cellphone doesn’t have a file-opening application in document format. If you don’t have one, please download a document opening application.
3. How to Restore Deleted Voice Message Chats on Telegram
The third way to restore deleted Telegram chats is to restore chats in the form of voice notes or voice messages that have been received.
If you have ever received a chat in the form of a voice message and you have deleted it, but later you need it again, then the following method might be the solution.
Here are the steps:
- First, open the File Manager application on your respective cellphone.
- Then open the internal memory storage.
- Find and select the Telegram folder.
- As usual, search for and select the Telegram Audio folder.
- In this folder, you can see all the audio lists, both voice messages and music, that someone has sent.
- Find the desired audio file and open it to listen to it or copy it and move it to another folder.
So, when you open it and there are lots of voice notes or voice messages, the chances of finding the voice message file you want will take quite a long time.
4. How to Restore Deleted Telegram Video Messages
The final way to restore deleted Telegram chats is that you can restore chat files in the form of videos, so if you ever receive a video chat that has been deleted then you can still restore it and view it.
For the actual steps, you can follow the following method:
- First, as before, open the File Manager application.
- Then select and open the internal storage option.
- Find and tap the folder called Telegram.
- In the Telegram folder, open it and continue by selecting the Telegram Video folder option.
- After you open it, you will see a list of videos that you have received previously.
- Select the desired one and move it to another folder.
- Open the gallery and the video has been successfully restored.
The method is actually the same for restoring deleted chats on Telegram, the only difference is that you have to choose which one you want to restore, whether it’s a video, audio photo, or document.
Well, maybe you are only looking for the method above to restore files, not chat history. Why is that? because until now there is no method to restore it and view your chat history on Telegram.
Actually, there is, but first, before you delete it, you can export or do a backup, I think this method is very rarely done, so if you’ve never done a backup before, then it can’t be done.
That’s how to restore deleted Telegram chats using several easy methods. Hopefully, some of the methods above can be useful and can help your problem even a little, thank you.