How to Take Pictures with the Blur Background Technique on Android
For those of you who are Android smartphone users, the use of the camera default smartphone will not always be able to take pictures sophisticated like a DSLR camera. However, don’t worry, it turns out that to take good pictures with blur background is your own way, you know. Namely, by using an application that can be downloaded via the Google Play store.
Check out the method below, so that your photos can look professional by using the lens blur technique on your smartphone’s camera.
Using Software or Application
With additional software, it will be very helpful in using a camera to make photos blurry. There are several applications that can be selected as recommendations from the Jurnal Apps team.
Next step to Take Pictures with the Blur Background on Android
Using the Google Camera Application
1. Download Google Camera on the Google Play Store.
Click here to download Google Camera
2. Install the Google Camera, and open the application. Later, you will be asked for the location for taking pictures on your photos. You must check “Enable” then click Next.
3. Swipe to the left and choose “Lens Blur.”
4. Later, this application will provide a tutorial on how to get images using “Lens Blur.”
5. You will also be back on Google Camera, then choose the object that you have specified then when it is focused, click on your image and slowly raise your smartphone while making the object you are aiming to remain in the middle.
6. Now, you have successfully made a photo with a blurry background. You can repeat your focus according to what you want.
Using the After Focus Application
Another Android application to create photo images similar to the results of DSLR cameras is to use the After Focus application. In addition to various filters that you can use, you can also set the blur for photos that you take with this application.
1. Download and install the AfterFocus application on your Android. Then, open the application.
Click here to download AfterFocus Application
2. Now, try to select the photos you have taken through your camera, then click on “Smart Focus.” Then, you will see the screen below. Click on the icon in the image below, then select the “Smart Focus” option and draw an area that you don’t want to focus on.
3. Then, you can choose the Soft Focus option in the options below in the area you want to make has a soft blur effect.
4. Next, you can choose the “Hard Blur,” option and choose the area that you want to make a hard blur.
5. Finally, try clicking on Next and add the blur effects. Then, save the image.
Using the Application Focus Effect to Add Blur Background to Pictures
This Focus Effect application can make you choose which area you want to focus on and apply the blur to the background in the photo. Because this application is a photo editor, you can also use the pictures that you have taken before. In addition, there are also other features, such as filters, brightness, and contrast.
Click here to download Focus Effect
Using an External Lens
Not only using the application, but the photo blur effect can also be helped with additional accessories for the mobile camera. Additional lenses, for example, are used to make it easier for us to get blurry photos. We can buy additional lenses in close-up, bokeh or macros. Especially for macro lenses, usually only used to produce photos with very small objects.
Tips and Suggestions for Taking Blur Background Images
Adjust the Mobile Camera’s Aperture
This aperture is an opening in the camera phone lens so that it is easier for us to take this blurred picture. The bigger the opening, the easier it will be to get blurry images.
How do we know the openings? Usually, it will be mentioned when we buy a cellphone or on the website of the handphone brand that we buy.
Settings are also usually available in our standard mobile settings
Use Manual Focus
Generally, the cellphone camera that we use is set to use autofocus where this is to make it easier for us to take pictures and videos. But it turns out that manual focus will help us to take blur background pictures, why? Because usually, manual focus has a DOF or Depth of Field feature that will focus the camera on a single point or point so that the part that is not focused will become blurry. Of course, this makes it easier to draw blurry images.
If your cell phone’s camera doesn’t have it, then you can use the touch focus feature on your cellphone.
All of the tips, tricks, and suggestions will only be useful if we practice a lot and try to take lots of pictures. The more practice, the better the results.