How to open a locked FB account is quite important to know, especially for those of you who are active on Facebook social media.
The reason is, that account locking can happen at any time to anyone. In general, locked accounts are actually one of Facebook’s features to protect user data. However, it cannot be denied that a locked FB account can also be a problem in itself.
A locked FB account will not be accessible to its users. This will certainly be very annoying, and can even be detrimental for some people who use FB as a means of selling.
Moreover, a locked FB account can last for days, ranging from 7 – 30 days. But there’s no need to worry too much because it turns out there are several ways to open a locked FB account. How to?
Table of Contents
1. Reasons why your FB account can be locked
A FB account can be locked, of course not without reason. Therefore, before knowing how to open a locked FB account, it’s a good idea to know what the causes are. There are also several things that can cause your FB account to be locked, including the following.
- There is a suspected or dangerous activity. This activity can be carried out by the account owner himself without realizing it. For example, spamming the comments column, posting too often in groups, and so on.
- Login activity from foreign devices. As mentioned previously, a locked account is one of Facebook’s ways of protecting its users’ accounts and data. Login activity from other devices can be considered an indication of piracy.
- The account has been reported by other FB users.
- Using auto likes and bot comments can also cause an FB account to be locked.
2. How to Open a Temporarily Locked FB Account
As mentioned previously, FB accounts being locked can occur for various durations, it could be 7 to 30 days, or even forever.
For FB accounts that are temporarily locked, there is one way you can do this.
Here’s how to open a temporarily locked FB account.-
- To open a temporarily locked FB account, you need to prepare another Facebook account, for example, belonging to a relative or friend.
- If so, you can open the browser, and then try to open the FB account that has been locked.
- Next, you can open a friend’s or relative’s FB account on FB lite or the application on your cellphone.
- Return to the browser, then select the “guess the photo” option.
- Next, you can start the process of identifying your FB friend list.
- If you don’t recognize the profile photo displayed on your FB friends list, you can restore your friend’s account on your cellphone, then open the friends list from the locked Facebook account.
- You can also type the profile names of your FB friends one by one in the search field, and then check all your friends’ photos.
- After finding the same profile photo on the friend’s list of a friend’s FB account with a locked FB account, you can immediately select the profile name on the locked FB account. If so, click “Continue”.
- To be able to open a locked account, you must be able to do it 5 times. So, repeat each stage. Once successful, the locked Facebook account will be able to be reopened.
3. How to Open a Permanently Locked FB Account
Unfortunately, a locked FB account can also be permanent. Even so, it turns out that a permanently locked FB account can still be saved in one way, namely by checking the account.
How to open a permanently locked FB account may be a little more complicated and difficult than the previous method. However, of course, this method is worth trying, especially in times of urgency.
Here’s how to open a permanently locked FB account.
- Previously, you needed to prepare an identity card such as a KTP, SIM, or Student Card. (Note: the name listed on the identity card must match the profile name on Facebook.
- If your identity card is ready, you can try opening your FB account by entering your cellphone number or email and password.
- A notification will appear that the FB account is locked. Next, you can immediately click “Yes”.
- After that, select the “Upload Photo Identification” option, then click the “Continue” button.
- Next, you will be asked to enter other data such as email address, cellphone number, and FB profile name. In the “File” column, you can enter your ID or identification number. If all the data has been filled in, you can click “send” to proceed to the next stage.
- Wait a few moments until you get the message in your email inbox. If you don’t get an email, keep waiting at least 24 hours.
- After getting the email, you can immediately open it. Click the link and code in it to be able to access the locked FB account. Finished.
4. How to open a locked FB account with a cellphone number
After knowing how to open a temporarily and permanently locked FB account, here is a recovery program using a cellphone number. How to open a locked FB account with a cellphone number.
You can do this by using the cellphone number you used for the locked FB account. The steps are as follows.-
- You can access your FB account via mobile device or computer.
- Then you can log in with your email or cellphone number.
- Click Start, then you will be asked to enter the code sent to your cellphone number after clicking Next.
- Enter the mobile number and click Get Code.
- Enter the code that has been sent in the column provided.
- Select Confirm, and wait until the new password column appears.
- Then you can create a password.
- If successful, your FB account can be restored again.
From how to open a locked FB account above, you should save your cellphone number and make sure the number is still active. Because, if the cellphone number is lost or inactive it will be quite difficult.
5. How to open a locked FB account by guessing the date of birth
When creating an FB account, users are asked to enter their personal identity in the form of their date of birth.
If your FB account is locked, you can restore it by using your date of birth. The step is to guess the date of birth. Of course, guessing your date of birth is very easy for you to do.
However, guessing the date of birth can be done if the locked FB account is caused by something that is not too serious.
If you previously used an incorrect date of birth, you can use another option in the form of guessing a friend’s photo to identify your friend list on FB.
6. How to Open a Locked FB Account by Identifying Comments
Not only guessing birth dates or friends’ photos, you can also use the easiest way to open a locked FB account.
The way to do this is by identifying comments. Identifying comments on FB can be done easily but randomly. So you have to really make sure you have made the comments yourself.
Because the comments you make will be mixed up with your friends’ comments on FB. To successfully use this step, do not let the warning information appear. The hourly limit has been exceeded.
Here’s how KLovers do it.
- Access your FB account via any device.
- Then you can enter the locked account, then follow the steps that appear on the FB screen.
- Click Guess the latest comment to open a locked FB account.
- After that, select a comment that you have made yourself in recent times.
- If you have confirmed it is correct, select Continue.
- If all comment identification is correct, your locked FB account will immediately open again. If not, you only have 3 chances to try again.
7. How to open a locked FB account by answering questions
Another step to open a locked FB account can be done by answering secret questions. You can do this statement if your FB account is temporarily locked.
You can try this option first if the question-answering feature appears when you want to recover a locked FB account. The question will arise about which one to use to secure your FB account.
If you successfully answer these questions, you can immediately access your locked FB account. However, if it fails, it will be difficult to recover by answering questions on FB.
8. How to open a locked FB account by completing your identity
The next way to open a locked FB account is by completing your identity. The method is quite practical, you only need to fill in the identity provided in the FB column to recover a locked account.
How to open a locked FB account by completing your identity as follows.-
- Open your locked FB account.
- Next, you can click Yes if there is a sign that your FB account is locked.
- After that, fill in the identity that appears on the screen.
- The identity contains email, cellphone number, and name.
- You can upload your identity card.
- Then wait until you receive confirmation in your email.
- After that, you can follow the instructions that appear on the screen until you successfully recover your locked FB account.
9. How to Open a Locked FB Account by Waiting for Account Recovery
Locked FB accounts usually have a certain amount of time before they can recover as before. If the previous method hasn’t been able to open a locked FB account, this method might be useful to help you.
Usually, the recovery time takes around 30 days or maybe less or more than that time. So, you can wait until that time to receive the notification. If you do not receive recovery, it is a sign that it will take longer to carry out the identification process.
This includes a review of how to open a temporarily or permanently locked FB account. Hopefully useful and good luck!