Internet Download Manager suddenly could not be used in your Google Chrome browser. Do not be sad! TechTanker has a solution.
This time TechMint will give tips on how to activate IDM in Chrome. For those of you who are still confused about why IDM doesn’t appear in your Chrome, please pay attention to the following tips!
How to Activate/Add IDM Chrome Extension
To be able to add IDM to Google Chrome, you need to add Extension or Add Ounces to Chrome. The problem is, to install IDM extension on Google Chrome, the way is a little different. The following are the steps on how to activate IDM in Google Chrome:
The steps to Activate/Add IDM in Chrome
Make sure you have updated the latest version of IDM so you can activate IDM in Google Chrome, if you don’t have an updated version, TechTanker provide the download link below:
Click here to download Chrome Extension IDMGCEXT.crx IDM Internet Download Manager
If you have updated IDM, here are the steps you must do.
- In the first step, click on the three-point menu in Google Chrome as shown below.
- In the second step, select the More Tools menu then Extensions.
- In the third step, let the Extension tab open because it will be used to the next stage to add IDM extensions in Chrome.
- The fourth step, open My Computer, then Local Disk C and look for Program Files or Program Files (x86). This is done to find the folder where IDM is installed. Usually, the IDM installation folder is in the Program Files (x86) folder.
- Step five open the Internet Download Manager folder in the Program Files or Program Files (x86) folder.
- Step six search for files with the name IDMGCExt.crx or IDMGCExt, then open the Extensions tab in Google Chrome that has been opened before, then drag or drag and drop the file to the Google Chrome Extension page.
- Step seven if a warning appears at the bottom left of the screen, select Continue.
- Done! Now you can enjoy various benefits of IDM, such as being able to download YouTube videos directly.
The final word
Thus TechMint discussion about How to Activate IDM in Chrome. Hopefully, this article helps those of you who are still confused about IDM not appearing in the Google Chrome browser.
Please share and comment on this article to continue to get information, tips & tricks, and news about technology from techtanker.