How to Change IMEI on Android – Android cell phones have become one of the types of electronic devices that are most in demand today.
Its relatively easy use is one of the reasons why many people prefer it. Even ordinary users will have no difficulty operating this Android cellphone.
It provides many advanced features that have different functions. This function can be further expanded by installing additional applications in it.
Android applications can be downloaded and installed via the Google Play Store. Apart from that, you can also download it via the Android APK provider site on the internet. However, for this second method, you need to install the Android APK manually.
All Android cellphones sold on the market have their own identity which makes them unique. The identity itself is in the form of a unique set of numbers with a total of around 15-17 digits, where the IMEI of each cellphone device is different.
However, there are also cell phones circulating in Indonesia, especially those that do not have an IMEI. Even if there is an IMEI number, when checked the IMEI is not officially registered.
This means that a cellphone without an IMEI or an unregistered IMEI is an illegal cellphone or KW. The characteristics of a cellphone like this are sold at a very cheap price, the price is much cheaper than the original price.
Talking about the IMEI number on an Android cellphone is a unique set of numbers that are attached to a cellphone and this is its identity.
The IMEI number is used to identify the cellphone, which is also related to the network within it. Android phones with fake IMEIs or unregistered IMEIs usually cannot have an operator card valid in India installed, unless connected to a WiFi network.
This IMEI generally already exists and is determined by the manufacturer. However, it turns out that we can also change the IMEI number on the Android cellphone.
Here’s an easy way to change the IMEI of an Android cellphone that you can read and apply.
Table of Contents
How to Change the IMEI of an Android Phone Safely
There are at least 2 easiest ways to change the IMEI number on an Android cellphone according to our wishes. Changing the IMEI is quite risky, but for some reason, many users want to do it.
We can choose one of the two IMEI replacement methods which will be discussed below.
The complete way to change the IMEI of an Android cellphone is easy and safe, as follows:
1. Change the IMEI of an Android cellphone without root
For this first method, we can change the IMEI number on the Android cellphone manually. Even here we don’t need to root the Android cellphone which is claimed to have a negative impact on the Android cellphone security system.
Apart from that, the way to do it is very easy and practical, even those of you who are beginners will be able to apply it.
There are 2 methods that you can choose and use to change the IMEI on Android without rooting your cellphone, including:
Method 1. By Factory Data Reset
- The first step is to open the Settings menu on your Android cellphone.
- Scroll down then click on Additional Settings.
- Continue by selecting the Backup & Reset or Backup & Reset option.
- Then select the Reset to Factory Settings option then select Erase All Data.
- If the reset has been successful, the cellphone will reboot and wait until it turns on again.
- After the cell phone turns on, a notification will come in. Next, click on the Create New Android ID option. Here you can create a new ID and usually the IMEI will also change.
Method 2. By using a Secret Code
- The first step is to open the Call or Telephone menu on your Android cellphone.
- Then go to the Keypad tab.
- Continue by typing the code *#7465625# or *#*#3646633#*#* then you will be taken to a new page.
- Next, go to the Connectivity menu.
- Then click on the CDS Information option, then search for and select Radio Information.
- Continue by selecting one of the SIM slots whose IMEI you want to change, namely IMEI_1 [SIM1] or IMEI_1 [SIM2] .
- After selecting one of the SIM slots, you click Change IMEI Number.
- To change it, you enter the code AT + EGMR = 1.7, “IMEI_1” or AT + EGMR = 1.7, “IMEI_2” according to the SIM slot selected earlier. Next, click the Send button.
- Just wait until the IMEI number on your Android cellphone has been successfully changed.
NOTE : IF YOU’RE JUST TRYING IT OUT, YOU SHOULD ABANDON YOUR INTENTION TO CHANGE YOUR CELLPHONE’S IMEI. BECAUSE THIS IS QUITE A RISKY ACTION, ON THE OTHER HAND IT IS ALSO NOT VERY USEFUL.
2. Change the IMEI of your Android cellphone with Root
You may think the above method is less effective for changing the IMEI of an Android cellphone. If so, you can apply this second method.
Here you need to root your Android cellphone to be able to apply it. Apart from that, you also need other applications to be able to replace the IMEI.
For complete steps to change the IMEI of an Android cellphone, namely:
Step 1. Download and Install Additional Applications
- First, you need to download the additional applications you need. In this case, you need to download the EdXposed Manager and Device Emulator Pro applications.
- If so, download the application, then install it on your Android cellphone.
- Apart from that, make sure you have rooted the Android cellphone whose IMEI you want to change.
Step 2. Run the EdXposed Application
- Now you open the EdXposed application on your Android cellphone.
- On the application’s main page, you click the Three Lines icon in the top left corner of the display.
- Next, click on the Module option.
- Now you look for the Device Emulator Pro option. Then activate it by moving the slider button to the right.
- Next, restart your Android cellphone.
Step 3. Run the Device Emulator Pro Application
- Continue running the Device Emulator Pro application that was installed earlier.
- On the main page of the application, you activate the IMEI and Android ID options by moving the slider button to the right.
- If so, now you click the EDIT button under the IMEI option. Then change the IMEI of the cellphone device according to your wishes, both IMEI for SIM1 and SIM2. Next, save it by clicking the Save button.
- You can also change the random IMEI according to what is registered with the Ministry of Industry by clicking the Change menu at the top of the display.
- If the change has been successful, you restart the cellphone.
Those are some easy and safe ways to change the IMEI of an Android cellphone that you can apply yourself. Don’t forget to share this information on your personal social media account.