The PS3 emulator is a game console system service that is still in demand and downloaded by millions of people today. Because this emulator allows gamers to play some exclusive Playstation 3 games on computer / PC or OS systems such as Windows and Mac.
To get around the PS3’s high price and waste if you play too often in rentals, many people choose to play PS3 games on PC. But this method of course requires a special PS3 emulator that can be installed on a PC.
There are several PS3 emulators that have good performance and are very comfortable to use for playing various PS3 games. So this time Dafunda Game has prepared some of the best PS3 Emulators for PC that you can try. What are the emulators? the following is the summary.
- 1 Recommended Best PS3 Emulator For PC
- 2 Recommended Best PS3 Emulator For Android
Recommended Best PS3 Emulator For PC
The first recommendation for the Best PS3 Emulator for PC is RPCS3. Many people already know this PS3 emulator. RPCS3 is arguably the front runner for those who need a PS3 emulator without lags on a Windows PC or laptop with high specifications.
Minimum PC Specifications
- Windows 7 or higher, Modern Linux or BSD (64-bit)
- 3 GB RAM
- X86-64 CPU
- GPU – OpenGL 4.3 or higher, Vulkan is recommended
- Microsoft Visual C ++ 2015 Redistributable
- PlayStation 3 system software .pup files
How to Easily Set RPCS3
- First, you guys download the RPCS3 emulator first.
- Then also download ” LLE Modules ” as a compliment from RPCS3.
- If so, please run the RPCS3 emulator.
- Then click ” Config ” and select ” Settings “.
- Please enable these 4 files: ibresc.prx, librtc.prx, libsre.prx and libspurs_jq.prx
- Then you click the graphics tab and select the VGA Card that will be used in the ” D3D Adapter “.
- In the final step, please download ” PS3 Firmware “, and install it via Menu-Tools-Install Firmware.
2. ESX PS3
The second-best PS3 Emulator recommendation for PC is ESX PS3. Unlike the mature RPCS3, the ESX PS3 is currently under development. Even so, this emulator can be relied on to play various PS3 games on a Windows PC.
Minimum PC Specifications
- Windows 7 or later.
- CPU: Intel / AMD processor 2.5 GHz or higher with SSE3.
- GPU: Any AMD / NVIDIA / Intel Direct X 10 GPU with 1GB Memory and Pixel shader model 3.0.
- RAM: 1 GB on Win 7/8/10 32-Bit, 2GB on Win 7/810 64-Bit.
PC Recommended Specifications
- Windows 7 or later.
- CPU: 3.2 GHz Intel / AMD Quad Core CPU or higher with SSE4.
- GPU: NVIDIA GTX 660 or higher, ATI Radeon HD7870 or higher with 2GB memory.
- RAM: 2GB on Win 7/8/10 32-Bit, 4GB on Win 7/8/10 64.
The third best PS3 emulator recommendation for PC is RetroArch. Unlike the two emulators above, RetroArch is an emulator that can play many games and not just games from the Playstation. The reason is, you also play various games that come from other consoles such as the Wii-U and Xbox.
One of the other advantages of this PS3 emulator is that it is open-source and can be used on various operating systems such as Windows, macOS, Linux, and others.
4. Your PS3
The best PS3 emulator for PC is your PS3. This emulator has a function to present a framework for porting PS3 games to x86_64 Linux and trying to recompile as much PS3 coding as possible to the x86 system.
With all the features offered, it’s a little complicated for ordinary people to understand. But one thing is certain, this emulator is good enough to play PS3 games on PC.
Next, there is an emulator called Mednafen. This Windows PS3 emulator was formerly known as Nintencer. Nintencer itself is free software with multi SDL and OpenGL systems.
This PS3 emulator is good enough for you to use because this emulator can adjust the buttons on the PS3 with a keyboard and joystick connected to a PC.
Many other advantages are owned by Mednafen. These advantages are what make many users call Mednafen one of the best and very satisfying PS3 emulators to use.
Next is an emulator called BizHawk. BizHawk Emulator is a PS3 emulator that is very easy to use. This emulator supports several features such as hotkey mapping, game history record, and Lua scripts.
In addition to the PlayStation console, this emulator can also play games from other consoles such as Nintendo, SEGA, Game Boy Advance, Apple II, Virtual Boy, and many more.
Nucleus is a PS3 emulator that is classified as open-source and was developed by a man named Alexandro Sanchez or better known as AlexAltea. In the midst of the emergence of the Nucleus as a PS3 emulator, AlexAltea is also developing a PS4 emulator called Orbital.
Since its presence, Nucleus has received a positive response from Playstation console lovers and is predicted to be one of the best PS3 emulators. Unfortunately, until now, AlexAlta has stopped developing Nucleus and has focused more on working on the Orbital emulator for PS4.
8. Short Waves
The last best PS3 emulator for PC is Short Waves. This emulator, developed by InoriRus since 2012, has a Freeware license. So that this emulator is guaranteed safe to download and install on a PC. You can try playing some PS3 games through this Short Waves emulator.
The fate of Short Waves itself is almost similar to the Nucleus, which is to stop at the development stage. This condition makes Short Waves only able to run a few homebrews.