For Xiaomi smartphone users, it must be familiar with the name Mi Account right? Well, on this occasion, I want to let you know how to easily delete your Mi account. You can do this if you forget your password, want to give the smartphone to someone else, and when you buy a used Xiaomi phone (second).
For those of you who want to know how to delete your Mi account on a Xiaomi smartphone, then you can see this article until it’s finished.
- 1 What Is A Mi Account For?
- 2 How to Easily Delete a Mi-Account, Don’t Use It Troubled!
- 3 How to Delete a Mi-Account Permanently Step by Step Guide
- 3.1 Step 1 – Open settings
- 3.2 Step 2 – Enter the Mi Account or Mi Account option
- 3.3 Step 3 – Select the sign out or exit button
- 3.4 Step 4 – Select remove or delete
- 3.5 Step 5 – Enter the Mi account password used
- 3.6 Step 6 – Restart the cellphone
- 3.7 Step 7 – Enter Mi Cloud
- 3.8 Step 8 – Open the delete Mi account page
- 3.9 Step 9 – Click check on the Mi account delete approval option
- 3.10 Step 10 – Select the Mi account delete button
- 3.11 Step 11 – Account verification
- 3.12 Step 12 – Select delete Mi account
- 4 The Final Word
What Is A Mi Account For?
There are still many who do not know the function of Mi Account. Though there are many advantages that can be obtained, among others, such as:
1. Can Save Data on Mi Cloud
Yes, the first benefit that you can get if you have a Mi account is that you can save various data to Mi Cloud.
What is Mi Cloud?
Mi Cloud is a data storage area similar to Google Drive. Usually, Mi Cloud has a capacity of 5GB guys. But you can add up to 100GB with a note that you need to pay annually.
Well, not bad you don’t need to buy a large external memory to store various kinds of data.
2. Can Access Mi Market
The next benefit is being able to access Mi Market. Mi Market is a service similar to the Google Play Store. With this application, you can download special applications made by Xiaomi.
Uniquely, the Mi Market that can be accessed by people who have Mi Accounts is just like that. So if you don’t have a Mi-Account, then you can’t open Mi Market.
3. Can Track Xiaomi When Lost
The next benefit is being able to track Xiaomi when it is lost. Yes, Mi Account here can also be used to track Xiaomi’s whereabouts when lost or stolen.
So you can immediately detect the presence of your Xiaomi mobile by tracking the Mi Account.
4. Can Protect Personal Data at Xiaomi
The next benefit is being able to protect personal data at Xiaomi. Besides being able to track Xiaomi lost, Mi accounts will also provide protection for your personal data.
This protection can only be accessed with an MI account so that other people or thieves cannot open your personal data.
5. Can Enjoy the Mi Talk Feature
The last benefit is that you feel that you can enjoy the Mi Talk feature. Mi Talk is a social media application made by Xiaomi that can only be used by people who have a Mi account.
So you can connect with fellow Xiaomi users or those who have Mi accounts. What? Interesting too.
Well, after knowing what are the benefits of a Mi account. Now we will tell you how to delete it. Instead of being curious, just look below this
How to Easily Delete a Mi-Account, Don’t Use It Troubled!
One of the facilities provided to Xiaomi smartphone users is support for synchronization to Mi Cloud to back up the user’s personal data.
But, to use the synchronization support the user must have a Mi account first. This will later be used as the user’s identity on Mi Cloud.
In addition to backing up data, the Mi account also functions to download themes, track devices when they are lost, enjoy the Mi Talk application, and more.
Because of the importance of this Mi account, not a few users have chosen to delete the account because of security and privacy.
This is usually done especially when users intend to sell their Xiaomi phones.
How to Delete a Mi-Account Permanently Step by Step Guide
To permanently delete a Mi account from a Xiaomi phone that you use is not too difficult, gang.
Curious to know how? Come on, look at the steps below.
Step 1 – Open settings
- To delete a Mi account, you only need to enter the Mi Account settings in the settings menu.
Step 2 – Enter the Mi Account or Mi Account option
- After entering settings, look for and select the Mi Account option.
- If you have entered the Mi Account view, then select the sign out button at the bottom.
Step 4 – Select remove or delete
After you select the sign out button, the option will appear whether you want to delete all data that is on your Xiaomi mobile or not.
Because here you intend to delete the Mi account, then select the delete button so that all your personal data is not stuck on the Xiaomi cellphone.
This must be done especially if you want to sell your cellphone.
- Shortly after you select the delete button, a confirmation dialog will appear. Select OK.
Step 5 – Enter the Mi account password used
- After deleting all data in the Mi account, the next step is to enter the Mi account password that you use on the Xiaomi mobile phone.
- If you have entered your Mi account password, then select OK.
Step 6 – Restart the cellphone
If you have done all the steps above, then you restart the Xiaomi phone.
Until this step, your Mi account is actually not completely erased from the Xiaomi cellphone you are using.
This step is only to sign out the Mi account from the Xiaomi cellphone and delete the data.
However, if you want to permanently delete your Mi account then follow the next steps below.
Step 7 – Enter Mi Cloud
Enter your Mi account by visiting the account.xiaomi.com URL through your browser.
If the URL you are visiting is correct, then the web display will be as below.
- If you successfully log in, then you are faced with the following display.
Step 8 – Open the delete Mi account page
The next step that you have to do is visit the account.xiaomi.com/pass/del/ URL
If you have successfully accessed the following URL, a dialog will appear that confirms that your Mi account will be deleted.
Step 9 – Click check on the Mi account delete approval option
- Before you click the Mi delete account button, you must check the approval option at the top of the delete button.
- The last step you have to do to delete your Mi account is to select the ‘delete Mi account’ button.
Step 11 – Account verification
- After you select the Mi account delete button, you will be asked to verify the account.
To verify your account at this stage, you open the email that you used when registering your Mi account.
In the email, you will be given a verification code that you will use to proceed to the next stage.
Step 12 – Select delete Mi account
- After you enter the verification code in the column provided, a dialog will appear to delete the Mi account.
- If successful, a notification dialog will appear that your Mi account has been successfully deleted.
- Finish, gang.
The Final Word
Well, that’s how to delete your account. Forgot your password and email that you can do yourself. How are you guys, pretty easy right?
Oh yeah, don’t forget to share this article with your friends. So that they also know how to delete the locked Mi account.
Instead of your personal data being misused, you can just search safely by deleting your Mi account.