Cheats Codes method is indeed in the PCSX2 emulator still used by a large number of users, with easy reasons and many game options.
However, we can use the Action Replay Max cheat code without cd, but use the features provided by PCSX2.
“Really, is there really such a feature?” Yep there, if you pay attention to the sub-menu from the System menu there is an Enable Cheats option, now that’s the feature 😁 So here we will use a file with the extension .pach to be able to use Cheat Action replay max on the PCSX2 emulator.
For those of you who don’t know the .pnach file a bit, I explain what the file is, so it’s a PNACH file is the cheat code file used by PCSX2, which contains data that allows GameShark, Code Breaker, or other cheat types to be used on the emulator.
PNACH files are saved in plain text format and can be edited with any text editor.
It seems that you are acquainted with the PNACH file, we just start the tutorial below.
- omniconvert – 1.0.3, can be downloaded here: Download
- PCSX2CE – 0.27, can be downloaded here: Download (Need Java Runtime Environment to run it)
1. Run the PS2 game on PCSX2 to retrieve the CRC code, we will use the code later to create a PNACH file. How to find out is in the PCSX2 log that is running the game, like the picture below.
2. Copy the code that I marked in the picture above, then you create a new .txt file on a PC or Laptop. Then name the file with the CRC code (without the 0x code ) and change the extension to .pnach. Example: F0A6D880.pnach
3. Look for the Action Max replay code for the game that you want to use a cheat for. Can search here: uk.codejunkies.com. Here I want to try the Action Code replay max Harverst moon: Save The Homeland – Infinity Money 😁
4. Copy-paste the Action replay max code into the Omniconvert 1.0.3 application
5. Then set the Input and Output, make sure your Input settings are selected Action Replay Max or according to the cheat code type and the Output is Unencrypted> Standard
6. After it is set, click the Convert button, then copy the code that has been converted
7. Open the PCSX2CE – 0.27 application then click the Open Cheat File button, look for the pnach file that you created earlier. If it’s open, please paste the replay max action code into the pnach file.
8. Click the Convert button to change the replay max action code (already converted) to codes that can be understood by the PCSX2 emulator.
9. Click the Save button to save the converted code to PNACH file. Then check the pnach file to see if the code has been successfully saved.
10. Copy then paste the pnach file into the PCSX2 cheat folder. The folder is in the Documents > PCSX2 > cheats directory
11. Open PCSX2 Emulator, make sure the Enable Cheats menu is checked. If it’s not checked or activated then the cheat won’t work
12. Run the game ” Boot CDVD (Fast)” and see the results 😁
Okay buddy, so this long tutorial hopefully can help you who want to cheat eh 😁 using cheat codes on PCSX2 emulator without needing to run the CD first.
Oh, if you are still having trouble following the steps above, please leave a comment or Request a video tutorial in the comments column.
So don’t hesitate to write comments!