The Best Free VPN Extensions for Chrome – Some well-known website services are sometimes only available in certain countries, such as Spotify, Hulu, Pandora, Reddit, Google Play Music which can only be accessed from US countries.
To access the service, we must have a US IP address. There are several ways that we have the IP, move to the US or can use a proxy or VPN.
VPN is considered better because it is at least 128 Bit encrypted, but private security still depends on the VPN service provider.
Because when we use certain VPN services, our online activities can be monitored from the VPN server.
In Chrome, we can use a VPN ( Virtual Private Network ) extension that is available for free.
Actually, it’s not completely free, for certain features we have to buy a premium account. But this is enough to access services that cannot be accessed from India.
Of course, this method can open blocked websites in Indonesia. TechTanker not responsible for the misuse of this article is to open a website that good, good, please read the Terms of Service us.
Here are the best free VPN extensions for Chrome.
This is an extension that I often use, this ZenMate is pretty fast. ZenMate offers a trial of using premium features for 7 days. Features of ZenMate namely
- Free and Unlimited Free
services are only provided for 4 countries, namely Germany, Romania, Hong Kong, and the United States. As for the premium, there are 6 countries added, namely Singapore, the Western United States, Switzerland, France, Britain, and Canada.
- Smart Location (Premium)
With this feature you can make automatic VPN switches based on the website you are visiting, for example, you visit hulu.com then ZenMate will automatically change the VPN that you have previously set for example the US.
- Malware Blocking (Premium)
Protects you from malware when visiting websites.
- Tracking Protection (Premium)
Protects your privacy with third-party services from tracking and collecting data when you are browsing.
- Desktop Clients (Mac & Win)
ZenMate can be installed as a Native application, not as an extension.
DotVPN also offers a premium feature for 7 days of trial. Features available on DotVPN
- Freedom without Limitations
This DotVPN service can be used to your heart’s content, there are many locations to use for free such as Canada, Germany, France, Japan, the Netherlands, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Russia, the United Kingdom, and the United States.
- Tracking Protection
Protects your location so that it cannot be traced.
- Block Marketing Analytics
Blocking analytics marketing, for example, you visit a travel website, the website will collect data and data that will be used to create ads that are relevant to them.
- Block Ads
Block ads, without having to install other Adblock extensions.
- Reduce Data Usage
DotVPN compresses data on their servers.
- Turbo Speed (Premium)
DotVPN offers more speed if you use a premium account.
- Increased Encryption (Premium)
Usually, a VPN uses 128 Bit encryption, this premium feature increases its encryption to 8192 Bit.
- Zero Logging DNS (Premium)
- Cloud-Based Tracker Protection (Premium)
3. TunnelBear VPN
TunnelBear is full service for its use, only limited to the use of the data. For free services limited to 750 MB per month. For the first time, you can get an additional 1GB of free data by sharing to social media.
- Similar to ZenMate and DotVPN, you can choose locations but TunnelBear offers more countries to 16 countries, namely the United States, Britain, Canada, Germany, Japan, France, Italy, Balanda, Sweden, Switzerland, Ireland, Spain, Singapore, Norway, Hong Kong, and Brazil.
- TunnelBear also provides native applications for Mac and Windows.
- You can access blocked websites.
- Reduce sites and advertisers with the ability to track.
- Secure your browser from public WiFI
4. Hotspot Shield Free VPN Proxy
Hotspot Shield Free VPN Proxy is completely free, but you must be aware of the existence of advertisements. The following features and services from Hotspot Shield
- Hotspot Shield VPN can open blocked sites.
- You can choose locations to countries such as Australia, Canada, China, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Japan, the United Kingdom, and the United States.
- Secure all Browser activities with banking encryption levels on public or private networks.
- Hide IP addresses, identities & locations from sites & online trackers for maximum privacy & security to prevent theft of personal information.
- Bypass firewall, browse anonymously to avoid tracking.
- Hotspot Shield Free VPN Proxy claims to offer the best wifi hotspot security.
5. Betternet Unlimited Free VPN
We tried this VPN, it was quite stable but you could only use 1 IP, namely the United States.
They also provide native applications for Windows operating systems. They claim their VPN has been used by 25 million people. Here are some features of Betternet Unlimited Free VPN.
- Free VPN forever
- Does not require a login first
- There are no logs stored or collecting data from the user
- There are no ads in the application
- Simple, you only need 1 tap to connect to VPN
This is the last extension that we tried is really 100 percent free. TouchVPN also provides VPN options from several countries including Canada, France, the United States, Chile, Sweden, the Netherlands, Spain, the Czech Republic, Turkey, Germany, the United Kingdom, and Singapore.
From the results of our experiments this extension is quite stable but is a bit slow. You can still choose a country that might be rarely used. Because of unlimited bandwidth and completely free, this makes the performance less.
7. Hola Unlimited Free VPN
By using this Hola VPN, you can open applications, websites, and positive internet-exposed content.
With the Hola extension, your device remains safe and protected from threats in the online world. Hola VPN is free to use, free of charge and without advertising.
Hola VPN feature:
- Free and secure VPN
- Access websites that are blocked or censored by the government, companies or schools and streaming media.
- Choice of locations from various countries
Get Hola VPN
8. Browsec VPN
When using this extension on google chrome, you can hide IP locations from sites like Netflix, Hulu, Spotify, Pandora, SoundCloud, etc.
The developer of this extension claims that the extension for chrome is better than most other VPN extensions.
Features of Browsec VPN:
- Private hides the actual location of the sites you visit.
- Netflix, Hulu, Spotify, Pandora, SoundCloud and so on – music and video services are limited to only a few countries now also accessible to you.
9. CyberGhost VPN
This is another great VPN that you can use to protect your privacy. Easy to use extensions with a tap on and off features, equipped with anonymous blocking and free browsing without ads.
CyberGhost VPN feature:
- Get access to servers from more than 30 countries
- Works on Amazon Amazon Prime, BBC iPlayer, Hulu, YouTube, and many others
- Enable server-side features, based on your specific needs (anti-tracker, anti-malware, data compression, etc.)
10. SurfEasy VPN
If you use this VPN extension in your chrome, you will really be secured from any online threat.
This VPN extension disguises your original IP address and geographic location. It provides IP addresses from the US and more different countries.
SurfEasy VPN feature:
- Cuisine your IP address and geographic location.
- Feel safe shopping, booking tickets and even online banking thanks to our bank class encryption.
- Appears in the US or dozens of other countries.
- Browse anonymously and avoid being tracked.
- Access blocked websites from anywhere in the world.
11. Gom VPN
This is a great VPN because it provides fast 1000mbit unlimited servers and proxies, zero configurations, only one list and you can use it on Chrome, Android and Tablet at the same time without paying additional fees.
Get Gom VPN
12. Mola VPN
MolaVPN is another free and unlimited Chrome VPN extension. You can also use this unlimited Chrome VPN extension to block content on the web such as pornography and drugs.
MolaVPN allows you to connect more than 7 different locations such as France, United Kingdom, United States, etc. to bypass restrictions on access based on Geolocation and enjoy web services such as Spotify, Hulu, etc.
Download from the link provided and install it. After that, click on the Chrome extension icon and register with your email address to get started.
Next, just select the location from the MolaVPN interface to connect to the server based on the selected location, as you see.
After you select a location, MolaVPN will automatically change your proxy settings and IP address to access restricted websites.
The best part of this Chrome VPN extension is that MolaVPN can automatically switch to the next location after every hour.
For that, just select the Auto Switch option from the bottom of the MolaVPN interface.
Get Mola VPN
13. Hoxx VPN Proxy
Another Hoxx VPN Proxy is a free Chrome VPN extension without bandwidth restrictions. Hoxx VPN Proxy is completely free to use and offers unlimited VPN bandwidth to access blocked online services.
Starting with unlimited Chrome VPN extensions is quite fast, download from the given link and then create a free account via the Chrome extension interface.
After you successfully register, you are now free to choose your country/location and browse the internet.
Now, you can stream your favorite services like Spotify, Hulu, Pandora, etc. without limits with unlimited Chrome VPN extensions.
You can easily switch geo-locations differently by selecting any country from the tab free Server.
Hoxx VPN Proxy allows you to choose more than free servers in 22 different countries to circumvent censors based on geolocation.
If you want a fully stable and fast VPN, it is recommended that you subscribe instead of using the free one.
The rating on the Web Store also does not guarantee that the VPN is still good and can maintain its quality.
Currently, there are also more VPN services, you can still choose another VPN by looking at reviews from users. Make sure you install the VPN extension through the Chrome Web Store website.
All VPNs are free at any time can be down and unstable. They also need funds to maintain their servers.
Usually premium services, they will maintain service quality including stability. But you still don’t have to spend money on a premium VPN. Because if one VPN server is down you can use another.
Here I remind you not to open a website that is not good, especially using a VPN. Apart from not being good for yourself, it means that you make India even worse in the eyes of the world by opening the website.
Are you pro against internet blocking? or you oppose it. Please give your opinion in the discussion column below