How to Delete History YouTube and Pause History | There are 400 hours of YouTube videos that are updated every minute, which makes it difficult to find videos that you might enjoy yourself just by scrolling or clicking on the site.
YouTube uses your previous viewing history, your interactions with the video, and your search to provide video recommendations that you might enjoy.
But what if you don’t want YouTube to use your search history and previous searches to generate recommendations? You can delete the history or even pause YouTube recordings from them. You can be selective about which entries you delete, or you can eliminate them all with one click.
Why do you have to do this?
If you have a child who will be attracted to seeing something, you don’t want to end up with a series of SpongeBob videos that fill your feed. Before submitting your cellphone to them, pause history and search records, and you won’t see it.
If you have a YouTube account for your business, and you want to keep suggestions that are closely related to your niche, after browsing, delete individual videos and searches that can affect your recommendations.
Maybe you just want to prevent Google from finding out too much about you. Many people worry about Google getting identity information about them. If this bothers you, you can delete your history after each session to keep that information to a minimum.
Over time, your interests may have changed, and the recommendations you receive are not as relevant as you want. Deleting videos and old searches can remove these suggestions from your feed.
Read Also: Tricks to Delete Browsing History on Microsoft Edge
How to delete or pause YouTube history
Deleting and pausing your history is easy. Just follow these steps in the mobile application or on your desktop.
1. On the Desktop
1. Click your avatar in the upper right corner of the YouTube Home feed.
2. Select Settings.
3. At the bottom of the screen, click the History button.
5. To delete all history, click ” Clear all watch/search history ”
6. A popup window will appear asking you to confirm that you are sure you want to delete your history completely. This also reminds you that this will reset your video recommendations.
7. If you are sure, click clear watch/search history.
8. To pause your history, first select search history or the watch history button, then click the Pause button under the radio button.
9. To delete a single search entry or only one video, find the entry in the middle panel and click X next to each entry that you want to delete. This can only be done from your browser.
2. In the Cellular Application
1. Tap your avatar in the upper right corner. Open Settings.
2. Select History & privacy.
3. To delete your history or search history, select the appropriate option, and then confirm your actions.
4. To pause your history or search history, click the slider for one or both options.
YouTube can be an amazing tool for learning and entertainment. In fact, YouTube stated that “The goals of the YouTube search and discovery system are twofold: helping viewers find the videos they want to watch and maximize long-term audience involvement and satisfaction.”
When you use these tips, the search entries and videos that you delete will no longer affect your recommendations. You control what Google and YouTube use when they make suggestions for you.