Best Switch Games of All Time (2020) – The switch is currently the main console from Nintendo with a library of games that are not too big but are increasing.
With the ability to be played portable, also added with Nintendo Labo accessories, it is clear that many people start glancing at the Nintendo Switch.
For Switch owners, the list below can be a reference in the decision to buy a new and cool game.
The order of the 50 best Switch game lists is based on evaluations by editors and game experts from many well-known game sites collected by GameRankings.
Assessment is not only done based on the number of sales and graphics offered, but from various aspects, such as stories and gameplay.
- 0.1 1. Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
- 0.2 2. Axiom Verge
- 0.3 3. SteamWorld Dig 2
- 0.4 4. Minecraft: Switch Edition
- 0.5 5. Ikaruga
- 0.6 6. Bayonetta 2
- 0.7 7. Celeste
- 0.8 8. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
- 0.9 9. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
- 0.10 10. Super Mario Odyssey
- 1 The Others Switch Games are Listed Below
- 1.1 11. Skylanders Imaginators
- 1.2 12. Blaster Master Zero
- 1.3 13. Graceful Explosion Machine
- 1.4 14. Nintendo Labo: Toycon 01 Variety Kit
- 1.5 15. ARMS
- 1.6 16. Death Squared
- 1.7 17. Sushi Striker: The Way of Sushido
- 1.8 18. South Park: The Fractured But Whole
- 1.9 19. Resident Evil: Revelations Collection
- 1.10 20. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – The Master Trials
- 1.11 21. Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition
- 1.12 22. LA Noire Switch Game
- 1.13 23. Golf Story
- 1.14 24. Layers of Fear: Legacy
- 1.15 25. Gorogoa
- 1.16 26. DX Pokken Tournament
- 1.17 27. DOOM
- 1.18 28. I Am Setsuna
- 1.19 29. Pac-Man Championship Edition 2 Plus
- 1.20 30. Fast RMX
- 1.21 31. Snipperclips – Cut it out, together!
- 1.22 32. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – The Champions’ Ballad
- 1.23 33. Subsurface Circular
- 1.24 34. Street Fighter: 30th Anniversary Collection
- 1.25 35. Rayman Legends: Definitive Edition
- 1.26 36. Disgaea 5 Complete
- 1.27 37. Dragon Quest Builders
- 1.28 38. Battle Chef Brigade
- 1.29 39. FX3 pinball
- 1.30 40. Xenoblade Chronicles 2
- 1.31 41. Splatoon 2
- 1.32 42. Yoku’s Island Express
- 1.33 43. Puyo Puyo Tetris
- 1.34 44. VOEZ
- 1.35 45. Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle
- 1.36 46. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
- 1.37 47. Sonic Mania Switch Game
- 1.38 48. Night in the Woods
- 1.39 49. Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment
- 1.40 50. Rocket League
- 2 Are There Games That Don’t Enter This List? Comments below!
1. Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
Donkey Kong and his family are threatened with danger when the Snowmad tribe tries to colonize his homeland.
This switch games is basically a remake of the game with the same title on the Wii U console.
And also this game will definitely remind you of the Donkey Kong game on Sega Genesis first (for those who are old, remember)
This time you can play Funky Kong, and it seems that he is a character who has a bigger life, can float in the air, and is immune to thorn traps.
Unlike the Wii U version, version Switch has the difficulty that much easier.
Like other Donkey Kong series, you will jump up and down and overtake obstacles on each level in various kinds of worlds, before defeating Snowdis in their kingdom.
2. Axiom Verge
This indie switch games is very inspired by games like Metroid and Castlevania, or commonly called Metroidvania games.
You will act as Trace, a scientist who is built in a strange world and gets orders to hunt down other dangerous scientists.
You will explore the world of Shudras, a world with many giant machines and dangerous creatures.
Throughout the journey, you will unlock many new abilities and weapons that can help you reach places that were not previously reached.
These switch games have graphics that look retro but are comfortable to see in the eyes, and there are some difficulties that I think are suitable for all gamers.
If you like games like Metroid, then you will definitely like this game.
3. SteamWorld Dig 2
You will act as Dorothy, a robot whose job is to explore a very deep mine to find your friend, Rusty.
Rusty is the main character of the previous game, and you have to get a lot of resources to find him.
You can sell these resources to get the money that you can use to buy new capabilities and upgrade items.
As a result, this game is able to make gamers addicted to gameplay that is able to make your connection with this game stronger.
When you have started some distance in the game, this game will be impossible not to play.
4. Minecraft: Switch Edition
Minecraft is one of the most famous switch games in the world, and this time Minecraft is present on the Nintendo Switch with few changes.
Do not believe? Just look at the kids around you, they will often watch Minecraft videos on YouTube.
Basically, this game is Minecraft, but you can recreate the scenes from your favorite Nintendo games.
Minecraft is a supermassive game, and even made bigger thanks to the cross-play feature, allowing you to play with other players from different consoles or PCs.
For many people, Minecraft is a ‘home’ where you can unwind from everyday life, a place where they can express themselves freely.
Ikaruga is a typical game that is very fun to play with friends in the afternoon.
The concept is simple, you control the spacecraft at the bottom of the screen, and you have to shoot enemy planes that appear from the top of the screen.
You can change the color of your plane between black and white, which can absorb enemy bullets depending on the color.
The beginning of the game, the tempo is still slow and calm, but in a few minutes, there will be thousands of bullets and chaos.
This game feels tense and very responsive, and the ability to change the color of the plane makes this game not boring.
The game that has been released since 2001 is still fun and fun, and since it was released on the Switch, this game can finally be played with portable.
6. Bayonetta 2
If you play the first game, you know that Bayonetta is very …..
Okay, that’s not our focus this time, but I need to say it.
This time in Bayonetta 2 you will continue to play as Bayonetta, a witch that is very tempting and dangerous.
Combat in this game is very fast and you will also do combos that you don’t understand why you can do it.
The graphics are pretty good, and some boss battles will feel epic and spectacular.
Although the story is rather complicated for some people, the gameplay is clearly exciting.
Celeste is one platformer game that is quite challenging and beautiful to look at.
Color selection in this game will make you feel at home staring at the screen for a long time.
But, keep in mind, this game is very difficult.
You will die hundreds (or maybe thousands) before completing this game.
But it’s finished, I’m sure you will feel very satisfied and happy.
The storyline is simple but powerful enough and there are quite heavy topics such as depression and anxiety.
A girl named Madeline climbed Celeste Mountain which was said to have magical powers at its peak.
Because this game is simple and not so complex, the Nintendo Switch is the right platform.
8. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
This game is the most complete Mario Kart game, with so many characters, vehicles, and tracks for racing.
There are many riders to choose from, including your favorite Nintendo characters.
There are also many new vehicles too, such as motorbikes, driving karts, and accessories for gliding in the air.
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is a kart racing game that is very exciting to play alone and also crowded, especially with several modes offered.
You can race on several different championship themes and also beat your friends in many different modes.
And if you feel good, try to pit your racing skills in online mode and against the best players from around the world.
If you like playing Crash Team Racing (CTR) when you were little, this is an alternative to CTR.
9. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Every Legend of Zelda game must always be epic and receive a positive response from many circles, including this one.
But this time, this game was made with the concept of free-roam open-world, so you are free to explore the world from the start.
Armed with the abilities you get at the beginning of the game, you will be able to complete the majority of the puzzles that are available.
Even if you want, you can try to fight the final boss without any preparation.
This is all realized because this game frees you to knit your own version of the storyline.
This is quite unique considering that Zelda games were never this free before.
No wonder many people think that this one Zelda game is the best of all time.
10. Super Mario Odyssey
If you’ve ever played Super Mario 64, this game is similar but certainly with today’s graphics.
With new Mario friends, Cappy, you will be able to use other characters and control their bodies.
In addition, with the presence of Cappy, you can also do new things that make Mario able to explore further.
You will collect hundreds of Power Moons that will be used to fill Mario’s aircraft power.
The goal was to prevent Bowser from marrying Princess Peach.
Finally, this game is the best Mario game and the best Switch game.
The Others Switch Games are Listed Below
11. Skylanders Imaginators
12. Blaster Master Zero
13. Graceful Explosion Machine
14. Nintendo Labo: Toycon 01 Variety Kit
16. Death Squared
17. Sushi Striker: The Way of Sushido
18. South Park: The Fractured But Whole
19. Resident Evil: Revelations Collection
20. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – The Master Trials
21. Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition
22. LA Noire Switch Game
23. Golf Story
24. Layers of Fear: Legacy
26. DX Pokken Tournament
28. I Am Setsuna
29. Pac-Man Championship Edition 2 Plus
30. Fast RMX
31. Snipperclips – Cut it out, together!
32. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – The Champions’ Ballad
33. Subsurface Circular
34. Street Fighter: 30th Anniversary Collection
35. Rayman Legends: Definitive Edition
36. Disgaea 5 Complete
37. Dragon Quest Builders
38. Battle Chef Brigade
39. FX3 pinball
40. Xenoblade Chronicles 2
41. Splatoon 2
42. Yoku’s Island Express
43. Puyo Puyo Tetris
45. Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle
46. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
47. Sonic Mania Switch Game
48. Night in the Woods
49. Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment
50. Rocket League
Are There Games That Don’t Enter This List? Comments below!
Even though the Nintendo Switch game isn’t that much yet (I can only get the best 50 games), but given the popularity of this console, in a few years, the game library will rival the PS4 and Xbox One.
For you fans of Nintendo consoles and handhelds, I think it’s mandatory to have this console.
And one more thing, if you feel your favorite game isn’t on this list, try commenting below.