Best GBA Emulator For PC: Recently we have covered the best Android emulators where we have highlighted the features of the most popular emulators for Android and today we bring you the best GBA emulators or Gameboy advanced emulators will allow you to play all favorite GBA games right on your PC.
GBA has perhaps been one of Nintendo’s most significant successes, allowing players to play their favorite games wherever they want.
In case you were wondering, GBA (Game Boy Advance) was an improved version of Game Boy Color and was able to run games that were more advanced.
The handheld also had the better color quality and more powerful hardware. Here are the Best GBA Emulators for PC.
- 1 Best GBA Emulator For PC 2020
- 2 Conclusion
Best GBA Emulator For PC 2020
These GBA emulators are specially designed to let you play GBA games on PC (Windows) with ease, and will also give you some features that the handheld console otherwise lacks. GBA emulators for PC:
1. mGBA – Best GBA Emulator for Windows PC
The first emulator on the list is called mGBA. Now the problem with these emulators is that they extend the game support beyond what is usually supported.
So when you decide to play GBA ROMS on PC, you get some extra features.
Additional features usually include the ability to save the game whenever you want.
Some fixes for games that don’t perform that well, and cheat code support too.
Some of the highlighted characteristics of mGBA are listed below.
- The emulator supports cheat codes.
- It offers the possibility of overloading the game and activating ROM patches.
The good thing is that GBA is simple and easy to use, however, the simplicity comes at the cost of the lack of features.
It’s not a bad thing, but I believe there should have been at least a few advanced level features for fun. a good emulator in the list of GBA emulators for pc.
- Supports a large catalog of GBA games.
- Allows the use of cheat codes.
- It is simple to install and easier to use.
- Lacks some of the advanced features.
2. VisualBoy Advance – The most stable Gameboy Advance emulator on the market
VisualBoy Advance is the oldest Game Boy Advance emulator I can imagine. This is the only emulator I used when I didn’t have a GBA.
At that time, there was some lag on slower hardware, but almost everything is now optimized for different hardware.
VisualBoy Advance offers a lot of features that people will never have in a standard handheld console. It really changes the gaming experience on this emulator and allows people to enjoy the game exactly the way they want. a good emulator in the list of GBA emulators for pc.
- The emulator supports all old and modern operating systems.
- VisualBoy Advance has a lot of advanced functions to make the experience more enjoyable.
In other words, the VisualBoy Advance just might be the best GBA emulator available. It’s completely free, receives constant updates, and lets you play all GBA games on PC.
- Allows you to save the game whenever you want.
- Support for controllers and button remapping.
- Take screenshots or record your gameplay.
- Use cheat codes to make the experience fun.
- It may not work well on very old hardware.
3. Higan GBA Emulator for PC
Higan GBA Emulator is another great emulator that allows you to play GBA games on PC. The emulator in nature is simplistic to the core, allowing it to work on almost any hardware you throw at it.
The ease of use allows the user to control the emulator as they wish. Besides only supporting GBA games, Higan GBA Emulator also supports emulation for Famicom, Super Famicom, and Gameboy Color, Sega Master System, Mega Drive, and even Game Gear. good emulator in the list of GBA emulators for pc.
- Emulation support for several types of consoles.
- Assembly in seconds.
While the emulator is certainly a great option, I encountered some audio lag during my time with it. Although the problem was limited to a few games, it was still there and it should be emphasized.
- Supports a large majority of ROMS to emulate.
- The emulator is not at all difficult to configure.
- Provides improved color reproduction.
4. No $ GBA Emulator – Best to run GBA ROMS
No Cash GBA or No $ GBA Emulator is quite a popular emulator for GBA which has found a lot of relevance and fame thanks to its unconventional name. However, the name is not the only thing the emulator should show you.
Besides being able to run GBA games, the emulator can also run Nintendo DS games. Although the DS part is not yet well developed and perfected, there are several games that work perfectly.
- The emulator can emulate GBA and DS games.
- Allows the use of the controller.
Allows the user to configure the game as they wish.
It is undeniable that the No $ GBA emulator is a fairly powerful emulator that covers the majority of emulations with great ease. Although it is not able to run all DS games properly, every game on GBA can be played easily. good emulator in the list of GBA emulators for pc.
- The emulator has great optimization.
- Runs GBA and NDS games.
- Allows the support of a controller.
5. BatGBA – Great emulator to run GBA games on PC
If you’re looking for a GBA emulator that emphasizes simplicity more than anything, you’ve got one right here. The BatGBA is perhaps the simplest GBA emulator on the list. So much so that you don’t have a lot of advanced options.
The emulator takes up very little space and works on almost any hardware with great ease. The emulator has been down for about ten years and allows the user to easily play all commercial and non-commercial GBA games. a good emulator in the list of GBA emulators for pc.
No absurd installation.
Support for all non-commercial and commercial GBA games.
I can’t really complain much about the emulator because it does what it’s supposed to do. It’s sad that such a lightweight emulator lacks some of the advanced features, but that’s how it is.
- The emulator is perfect for those who want simplicity.
- Does not require a lot of knowledge.
- Runs all GBA games.
The good thing is that all of the best GBA emulator for pc that is free and will let you play GBA games on PC without any hassle.
There are a few in the bunch that is not as good, however, in creating this list I have made sure that I test all the emulators I list here.
The emulators that are on the list have undergone proper testing to ensure that they run all the games that are out there without crashing.
Although it was not possible for me to test the entire GBA catalog, I tested the games which were more demanding in some way.
Needless to say, you won’t have any issues with emulators, and installing them is a fairly straightforward process that doesn’t require a lot of skill either. thanks for reading “Best GBA Emulators for PC”.